Sunday 30 January 2011

CHARACTER SHEET

CHARACTER SHEET

This is my finished character sheet If you look at the previous sheet you can see how i started. First i used the photos i took of myself as a base image as a way of getting the proportions prefect, then i traced myself and added all of the extra detail, Armour and weaponry ect, i then colored myself and overlayed a photo of myself over the drawn image to get a kind of cell shaded effect.

after drawing my old character profile sheet i struggled with the proportions. i tried a few different ways to get around this problem like transforming the images in photoshop but this didn't quite work. i decided to use my old army uniform and take photos of myself and tracing myself. i will have to decided if i am going to be my own character using photographs of myself at a template to create a character.

OLD CHARACTER SHEET!


This is my first attempt of my main characters spread sheet. i wanted to start with a basic model and have layers of clothing and accessory's ect but i wasn't happy with the proportions of the sketch. to get it right i decided to take pictures of me in the poses i needed in my old army uniform.
the principles behind this first sheet were good i wanted to start from a basic torso and to create every detail from his boots to his weapon and have them each layered up to switch at your own convenience. keeping to my time restrictions i was spending to long and needed a solution that's when i terned to using myself and a template and strike different poses to then sketch the appropriate detail on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.