Sunday 12 June 2011

Personal Assessment



Do you think the overall look and feel of the project, reflects your initial ideas and concepts?

I think that the overall look of the project now reflects what I initially hoped it would.i wanted try and cover a range of different rolls when creating a game. I managed to move threw the stages starting from concept sketches to my final outcome and gained some understanding on all the different elements that go into creating a game.



What problems did you come up against and how did you solve them?

I felt like i was constantly pushing myself to do something new i had made single levels and used my graphic design before so i diverted away from what i knew best i wanted to use the rest of my time learning about other aspects of the industry.When i had problems with the proportions in concept art i used photographs of myself and superimposed different layers of armour and weaponry, i didn't finish with my storyboard i took it to the next level and crated the hole island it was set on and created a flyby video sowing each frame from the storyboard.


What do you think has worked best and why?

i think what worked best was my approach of looking into all different rolls within the making of a game, when you look at the project as a hole you get a good look at the different stages and see a the game evolve from beginning to end.

Do you think you used the time given to it's full potential?

I had a big challenge managing my time in my final year. For 9 months of my finally year my girlfriend was pregnant and i found myself traveling from north wales to south England allot. My solution was to set an hour or two every week day no matter where i was. this allowed me to find the balance between my work and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.